- Lovely sole GP practice with a wonderful team of support staff
- Stunning rural setting with a wonderful climate and defined seasons
- Best of relaxed rural lifestyle and plenty of adventure for the whole family
Our client is looking for a GP to join them in a permanent position from October 2017. They are a well-resourced rural practice in a lovely small town in Central Otago, with a friendly and supportive team of nurses, administration staff and a practice manager who are dedicated and established in their roles and ensure the smooth running of the practice.
The practice has excellent facilities including an adjacent rest home, the rural hospital close by, and a tertiary facility close enough to be accessed by road or air ambulance. Community health services work closely with the practice, and on-call services in the area are shared by the GP and nursing staff (ratios of on-call are negotiable).
Although this is a sole practice position, there is excellent support from the nursing and admin staff in the practice, and GP peer support in neighbouring towns. The practice is trust owned and is dedicated to expanding and building on services in the community.
A very competitive package is offered including a house.
A friendly and unique small town in a truly beautiful part of the South Island. With its stunning high country scenery and a raft of outdoor pursuits to experience all within a stone's throw, this is a great location for those looking for a change of pace - a relaxed lifestyle with all the adventure you could want.
Every season has something to offer - inland Otago has a beautiful climate with defined seasons (hot summers, cold snowy winters). The ski fields of Queenstown, the many lakes and rivers, cycle trails and mountain hikes will keep you active, while the Otago wineries, the summer's gourmet produce and vibrant arts and culture of the region will keep you well fed and entertained!
Multiple cities and airports are within easy driving distance, providing connections to all major centres.
A brilliant location for families - your children can grow up in a safe environment in a friendly community, with the freedom of a rural outdoors lifestyle.
- Must have or be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Must be comfortable with sole practice - emergency skills a plus.
- Practice has a full range of support staff including practice nurse, administrators and practice manager.
- Accommodation is provided to the GP in the form of a fully furnished three bedroom house, just a 5 minute walk from the medical centre, schools and the town centre.
- Employer provides an allowance/subsidy for the doctor's vehicle.
- CME allowance and support.
- The practice team take pride in their friendly and supportive work environment.
Take your medical career to the next level with Ochre Recruitment, one of Australasia's most established and trusted agencies. You'll benefit from the personalised service that matches you to positions that suit your current lifestyle needs and career goals. Not the right job for you? Refer a colleague and be rewarded!
Apply today and let us take you to the next step in your medical career! (Quote Ref: A-23381)